5.28.2012

I wrote Daisy a letter.


He once asked me

What was one supposed to do when you were interested in another person

I didn’t think,

“understand him”

“love what he loves, listen to what he listens to, see the world from his eyes”

he didn’t comment, but in my vague memory he said

“it's a pity you cannot own the person you love”

Today I rewatched The Great Gatsby

I wrote Daisy a letter three years ago.

Titled: “ a letter from Jay Gatsby” venue: Gatsby’s poolside before he was shot

I wonder what I’ve written.

I was amazed at how differently the same movie spelt itself out

This time, I am mesmerized with Mia Farrow’s hats and hats and hats.

I no longer cared too much about the missing subtitles or the lines that appeared in the book and never got to the screen

I was amazed, like moths attracted to the light, no more

I secretly admired Nick Carraway, being an important nobody who always get to see the entire of Gatsby’s house

The green light. Though, still caught my eye

The villains of love, and who are they?



Its just a movie

It’s just love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment